- (2014-now) Full Professor, School of Engineering, EPFL
(2006-2013) Associate Professor with Tenure, School of Engineering, EPFL
- (2002-2005) Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, EPFL
- (2002-now) Adjunct Faculty, Computer Science Department, University of Southern California.
- (2000-2002) Research Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department, University of Southern California.
- (1999-2000) Research Associate,
Computer Science Department, University of Southern California.
- (1998-99) Post-doctoral Fellow. IDSIA and EPFL .
- (1998) PhD in Artificial Intelligence. Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh.
- (1996) MSc in Knowlegde Based System. Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh.
- (1994) BSc in Physics. (1995) MSc in Physics. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL). Specialization in Particle Physics at the (European Center for Nuclear Research) CERN
AWARDS & HONORS
- (2106)Nominated as Member of SATW, Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences
- (2016) Nominated for Outstanding Women in Academics, SNSF, AcademiaNet
- (2016) Best Student Paper Award, RSS
- (2016) Plenary Speaker; Distinguished Lecturer, King’s College, London, UK
- (2016) Plenary Speaker; 11th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, Christchurch, NZ
- (2015)Plenary Speaker ; IEEE International Conference on Humanoids, Seoul, Korea, November
- (2015)Industry Forum Chair , IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Committee
- (2015-present) Senior Editor of the IEEE Transactions in Robotics
- (2013-present) Member of Advisory Board , Ecole des Mines & Telecommunication, Paris
- (2013-present) President (elected) of the EPFL Teaching Body Assembly
- (2013-present) Associate Editor of the International Journal of Social Robotics
- (2015) King-Sun Fu Best Transactions Paper Award , IEEE & Robotics and Automation Society
- (2014) Plenary Speaker ; IEEE-RAS International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Karlsruhe
- (2013-2014) Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions in Robotics
- (2013) Best reviewer award for the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
- (2012) Best Cognitive Robotics Paper Award , Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
- (2011) JTSC Novel Technology Best Paper Award , IEEE Int. Conf. Intelligent & Robotics Systems (IROS)
- (2011) Nominated for Best Paper Award , Neural Information Processing Symposium
- (2013-now) Elected President of the EPFL Teachers' Council
- (2006-2008, 2009-2011, 2015) Elected Member of the Administrative Committee of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
- (2006-2008) Elected President of the EPFL School Assembly (EPFL Senate)
- (2007) Nominated for Best Paper Award , IEEE Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots
- (2006) Co-General chair IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2006)
- (2005) Plenary Speaker ; IEEE Symposium on Human-Robot Interactive Communication (ROMAN), Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN USA
- (2004) Best Paper Award , Workshop on Universal Access and Assistive Technology (CWUATT)
- (2003)The Outstanding Young Person in Science and Innovation, Junior Chamber of Commerce, Switzerland
- (2002) SNF Professeur Boursier, Career Award from Swiss National Science Foundation
- (2001) Innovative Teaching Grant ,
- (1999) Fellowship, Medicus Foundation, New York, USA
- See also the list of awards to the lab on the lab's news
- 6.8.1971: Born in Lausanne, Switzerland. Mother of three lovely little girls.